Trustee:3 Year Term (2022-2025)
A Trustee shall be an active member of the Board, supporting all aspects of the organization. Trustees are expected to volunteer/serve as Committee Chair on a minimum of one subcommittee as needed.
Board Member General Duties and Responsibilities
Election/appointment to the Board and remaining in good standing will be subject to following requirements.
- All members of the Board must maintain an active General Membership while holding office.
- To be eligible to be considered for an officer position (President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer) the nominee must have a working knowledge of OCT as an organization and the general working of the Board. It is therefore recommended that candidates serve a minimum of one year as a Trustee or Community Member prior to serving in an officer position.
- All Board Members must maintain regular attendance at scheduled Board, Election, and Annual meetings. Significant unexcused absences or missing two or more consecutive meetings may be grounds for removal from office.
- All members of the Board are expected to actively participate in OCT productions, events and committees.
- All members of the Board will be required to sign a Conflict of Interest and Code of Ethics Statement on an annual basis.
All elected officers will be limited to six consecutive years served in the same position. Time spent filling a vacant office will not count toward calculation of term limits.
Community Members are eligible to be appointed six consecutive years. Community members who wish to continue to serve on the Board beyond this time are encouraged to run for office.
After meeting the term limit, a member is eligible to be voted into a different office immediately or may run for the same office after one term.